Sunday, May 16, 2010

Greenlane Reservoir 5.13 - Early Topwater Action

Beautiful weather with morning fog.  We arrived before 6am and waited for the friendly women to arrive and open the gate.  $5 per hour for a jon boat is a great deal. 
Greenlane is one of my favorite large mouth bass fisheries.  They have some great water with small rental row/electric motor boats available.  I never been on the water with so much fog, it literally covered the lake like a thick coating.  Visibility was about 30 feet.  The fog burned off as the sun rose. 

I brought a friend that has been asking me to go fishing for a very long time.  Very enjoyable, here are the pictures from last week.  My goal of putting a friend on fish was successful as they hooked into a 18.5" bass with the Thumb lure from Japan.  Awesome!




































































































Some gear used:

Reels:
Abu Ambassadeur 2500C & 4000D
Rods:
Fenwick 1255
Fenwick SC622
Heddon Deluxe Pal Spook







4 comments:

  1. Wicked blog man, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brotha! More reports to come, as the fishing takes priority haha...

    Any suggestions, lmk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm...Somehow I realized the reel & the rod...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fishing Green Lane. There's some monster bass in there.

    ReplyDelete