Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meeting True World Tackle

I had a chance to meet with a few good dealers and distributors at the Oaks Sports show. 
Funny to say but I felt like the local show really showed some good charateristics of where Jigging and Popping is going.  I met with few friends and industry guys. 

One of the Jigging and Popping tackle shops that made it down was True World Tackle.  Owner is Akira and his head tackle guy is Jason aka Geyssonh from Republic Dominicana. We hit it off right away as Geyssonh is a true surf junkie from the northern Jersey coast.

Anyhow, the funny way we met was when I was meandering in the exhibit rod racks I had a feeling that someone was looking at me and I looked up to see Geyssonh waving and saying hi!  I walked over and he mentioned that he recognied me and asked if I was Enoch.  After a quick intro and laugh we talked tackle.  Great guy and friendly convo lead me to feel like he and Akira were great guys. 
I happened to meet another gentleman that tapped me on the shoulder while I was in the True World Tackle exhibit.  His name was Jeese from Philadelphia Anglers Club.  What a great feeling to be known in this fishing industry.  I guess all the blog and youtube videos gave me some public image.  :)

I took some pictures.  They had a great assortment of Volandors.  That is one of my favorite swimbaits.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment